It’s hot outside and we have entered the summer season where vacations, family time and for many, much needed down time. However, there is another much needed activity that your firm needs to be engaged in right now – training!
In August, your firm will have the opportunity to attend a collaborative, educational and future focused event; the 2015 Boomer Technology Circles™ Summit. The entire event has proven to be one of the most talked about and valuable events on many firm leaders’ calendars each year. I would like to share a special part of the Summit that is aimed specifically at the emerging leaders in your firm.
Emerging leaders are the new partners, managers, supervisors and C-Suite talent that need to be prepared to handle the ongoing management of your firm in the next 10 to 15 years and beyond. These are individuals who have spark! What is spark? The desire to discover and implement new ideas and initiatives that will ensure that your firm will be future ready. They are sitting right in front of you every day waiting for the opportunity to be a part of the long term success of your firm. What they need is an opening to jump in and really be a part of the solution.
The Emerging Leader Track at the Boomer Summit is their opportunity. Here is what they will be a part of in 2015:
- All of the BTC Summit keynote events. We have 3 keynotes plus strategic conversations with the Boomer Team throughout the event. Vision, strategy, specific tips and increased knowledge are the goals of each session.
- A special track exclusively with their peers. Our event allows for facilitated conversation so people really get to know each other. Peer to peer interaction is always at the top of the list when asked what value individuals get out of the event.
- A project addressing 4 BIG questions in our profession. During this year’s emerging leader track, the activity for the group will be to take a BIG question in our profession into small groups where they will solve the problems. These answers will then be turned into a white paper that will be published in the fall of 2016. Your emerging leader will be a part of the solution to some of the pains that we are feeling today!
- Time with vendor partners. A large number of the vendor partners that your team deals with on an ongoing basis will be at this event as well as new vendors they can learn from. This is a terrific way to allow for new growth and education.
- Time with YOU! We are seeing great value for the firms that send a group of people to this event and then debrief at the end of each day to share what they learned and what the firm should implement upon their return home. Focused time is invaluable.
This is your firm's time to build together. Don't just select one emerging leader; send several of your very best. Change is at the core of our profession and each of our firms. Change is also on the hearts and minds of every individual in your firm. Let them be a part of the change rather than as a recipient of it. The goal of our Emerging Leader track is to build confidence in each person so they can return home feeling engaged and ready to be a part of the solution.