Thomson Reuters Introduces Next-Gen Portal Integration With New Netclient CS® Features
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Posted by: Boomer Consulting, Inc.
New functionality keeps pace with a changing work place and work pace
DEXTER, Mich.,—In recent years, client portals have evolved from a tech-savvy offering to the primary method of exchanging documents, information, and interactive services at many firms.
To stay on top of the expanding demand for portal technology in the tax and accounting industry, Thomson Reuters has taken a fresh look at how firms and their clients interact with portals. Adding new features to their NetClient CS portal technology will enable seamless integration of client portals into the accounting firm workplace. This helps firms do more work in fewer steps, so they have more time to create new value-added services for their clients.
“We’ve been providing client portals for eight years now, and in that time there’s been a huge shift in how firms interact with them and an expansion in the number of clients using portals,” said Scott Fleszar, Senior Director of Strategic Marketing for Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters. “We wanted to improve the user experience to reflect that, and the new functionality we’ve added to NetClient CS does an impressive job of further streamlining how portals fit into the overall client workflow of our customers.”
That functionality includes:
- Direct integration between NetClient CS and UltraTax CS™ allowing users to print web organizers and finished tax returns from UltraTax CS directly to a client portal. The new feature makes posting completed tax returns online as easy as printing them on paper.
- The ability to have source documents from FileCabinet CS™, such as W-2s and 1099s, automatically flow to the client portal with the finished tax return, thanks to the new Source Document Flow feature.
- NetClient CS Bill Pay for Practice CS® users, which allows the accounting firm to post invoices and collect credit card payments directly through the client portal.
- Direct integration with the GoFileRoom® document management system to securely and conveniently publish tax returns, source documents, financial statements, and more.
- A choice of available client accounting solutions now accessible directly through the client portal—Client Bookkeeping Solution (CBS) or Hosted QuickBooks®, powered by Right Networks®.
The new capabilities are being introduced at no extra cost along with a new pricing model for NetClient CS that simplifies implementation and budgeting. It gives users a virtually unlimited number of base client portals, which include the most popular capabilities, for a single monthly fee. Firms can then customize their portals with more advanced features on a client-by-client basis.
“We’ve removed some barriers and added some features to help firms streamline their portal administration and begin moving all their clients to portals, while at the same time driving down their cost per portal,” Fleszar said. “We want to make it as easy as possible for more customers to benefit from portal technology and solidify their firm’s web strategy.”
Fleszar said Thomson Reuters is dedicating significant resources to helping clients make the switch to portal technology, including instructional videos, free training courses, and other materials.
More information about client portals and NetClient CS is available at CS.ThomsonReuters.com/portals/.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to ThomsonReuters.com.
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax, and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms, and government. Tax & Accounting includes the Professional Software & Services, Corporate Software & Services, and Research & Guidance business groups.