Thomson Reuters Surpasses 300,000 Client Portals
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Posted by: Boomer Consulting, Inc.
Users implement 100,000 portals in 16 months
DEXTER, Mich., Nov. 2, 2009—The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters announced today that its users have implemented more than 300,000 client portals, an increase of over 100,000 portals in 16 months.
Scott Fleszar, Senior Director of Strategic Marketing for Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters, attributes the increase to the company’s move to deliver all portal services through its NetClient CS® model, and also to increased client demand for online connectivity.
“We introduced the profession’s first client portal solution in 2001, and it took us five years to get to our first 100,000 portals,” Fleszar said. “But times have changed. We now have thousands of users implementing hundreds of new portals every day. That says a lot about the technology advances taking place across the profession, and about how users have embraced the move to NetClient CS, including new features like online bill pay.”
NetClient CS portal technology enables accountants and their clients to perform a variety of operations any time, from anywhere with a broadband Internet connection, including:
- Printing UltraTax CS™ web organizers and finished tax returns from UltraTax CS directly to a client portal. The new feature makes posting completed tax returns online as easy as printing them on paper.
- Having client source documents from FileCabinet CS™, such as W-2s and 1099s, automatically flow to the client portal with the finished tax return, thanks to the new Source Document Flow feature.
- Securely and conveniently posting payroll reports, financial statements, and other documents directly to the client portal.
- Posting invoices and collecting credit card payments directly through the client portal using NetClient CS Bill Pay for Practice CS® users.
- Aggregating financial information from multiple sources to give clients a complete view of their financial holdings in one convenient location.
- Access to client accounting solutions directly through the client portal—Client Bookkeeping Solution (CBS) or Hosted QuickBooks®, powered by Right Networks®.
- Submitting payroll data and creating PDF versions of client checks for remote printing at their location.
Fleszar said Thomson Reuters is dedicating significant resources to helping clients use portal technology, including instructional videos, free training courses, and a consulting program to help firms develop and execute effective portal strategies.
Since 2001, the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters has offered portal solutions designed specifically for the tax and accounting profession. For more information on Tax & Accounting’s portal offerings, visit http://cs.thomsonreuters.com/portals/
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to ThomsonReuters.com.
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax, and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms, and government. Tax & Accounting includes the Professional Software & Services, Corporate Software & Services, and Research & Guidance business groups.