What You'll Learn
In addition to a toolbox of Lean and Six Sigma tools that will help you with your problem-solving and process improvement projects, you’ll learn the following key items from this course:
Breakthrough process improvement strategies for your firm, including Lean project management and workflow management strategies that are proven to improve performance.
Effective communication strategies and applications of these concepts to your clients – training and developing you to become a better, more-trusted advisor.
How to effectively facilitate a team and gain much-needed buy-in and accountability to changes within your firm.
How to identify what clients value and improving your processes to match them.
How to identify and eliminate bottlenecks in processes
Tue, June 19
(8am – 5pm)
• Introductions, purpose & expectations
• Lean & Six Sigma history & overview
• Combining Lean & Six Sigma
• Linking projects to firm strategy
• Introduction to DMAIC
• Lean Simulation
• Project charter
• Team dynamics
Wed, June 20
(8am – 5pm)
• Process & value stream mapping
• Prioritization matrix
• Identifying clients, needs & requirements
• Kano Model of Client Satisfaction
• Nine categories of waste
• Identifying & busting bottlenecks
Thu, June 21
(8am – 5pm)
• Other Lean tools
• Data analysis & standard deviation
• Kappa Study & other statistical tools
• Manage the front door
• 5S & visual management
• One-piece flow, WIP reduction & work teams
• Gatekeeper/project management techniques
• Procedures & best practices
• Roll-out & presentation strategies
Fri, June 22
(8am – 12noon)
• Metrics & results to track & measure
• Continuous improvement
• Culture & paradigm shifts
• Facilitation strategies & leadership
The Arden Shisler Center for Education & Economic Development
The Ohio State University
1680 Madison Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691 www.shislercenter.ohio-state.edu
$3,500 - Includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments each day (breakfast and refreshments only on Friday). Two evening dinners / group activities during the week are also included.
As part of the certification program, each participant will receive 4 sessions of remote coaching by Dustin Hostetler through the completion of their first process improvement project.
Early Bird registration discount (deadline May 23rd) of $500.