Despite their challenges and limitations, organizers play an important role in the tax preparation workflow for both clients and preparers. They give clients a list of income, deductions, and credits that they had last year to help them gather this year’s paperwork. The questionnaires and engagement letters included in an organizer minimize the firm’s liability from malpractice by asking certain, relevant questions.
Today, there is a new solution that simplifies tax time for both clients and accounting firms. TaxCaddy, SurePrep’s new 1040 productivity solution, allows clients to:
- Answer organizer questions on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- Upload documents from a desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phone.
- Snap a picture of a document using the TaxCaddy app for iPhone and Android.
- Link to over 300 banks and financial institutions to have TaxCaddy automatically retrieve 1098s, 1099s, W-2s and more.
- Electronically review and sign engagement letters, e-file authorizations and other documents. The IRS requires e-signatures to prove that they are who they say they are using identity authentication. TaxCaddy’s e-signatures are 100% IRS compliant.
“We’ve sold two new clients just by showing them a TaxCaddy demonstration. This was a key selling point for those clients. It differentiated us from the other firms competing for their business.” – TaxCaddy user
Click HERE for more information on the Guide to Simplifying Tax Time: A Boomer Advantage Guide for Accounting Firms
(You will be redirected to SurePrep's website)