"The IT Think Tank of the Accounting Profession"
The CIO Advantage community prepares technology professionals for a seat at the management table by developing their business and IT acumen. Each group is limited in size in order to maximize the potential for transparency and sharing of best practices.
- Professional development of your CIO/IT Leader through meetings, peer networking and reading assignments. The focus will be on management and soft skills rather than IT technical skills
- Two, two-day meetings with Boomer Consulting Inc. and your CIO Advantage peers
- Monthly webinars with peers (except February and August)
- Professional development reading list
- Exclusive member area available only to CIO Advantage participants on the Boomer Knowledge Network
- Network with CIOs in leading accounting firms
- Develop required skills such as communication, project management, team building and being business savvy
- Enhance relationships with key partners and vendors
- Access to the leading coach in technology and firm management, Gary Boomer
- Connect to resources on a national/international basis
- Prepare for a seat at the firm’s management table
5 Reasons Your IT Professional Should Be On Your Management Team by Gary Boomer, CPA.CITP
CIO Member Quote
"The CIO Advantage is a great organization for me to discuss technology and information system best practices. It is extremely valuable for me to discuss how systems are being used in other public accounting firms and when I’m considering new technology, it is great to get creative input from my peers in the industry."
Peter J. Henley, CPA
Clark Nuber, PS
Jim Boomer, CPA.CITP, MBA
Jim Boomer, CIO & Shareholder, is director of the Boomer Technology Circles and an expert on managing technology within an accounting firm. He also serves as a strategic planning and technology consultant and firm adviser in the areas of performance and risk management. Jim was recently selected for the inaugural class of the KSCPA’s "20 Under 40” Leadership Program and was named to The CPA Technology Advisor’s "Forty Under Forty” list multiple times.
L. Gary Boomer
L. Gary Boomer is CEO of Boomer Consulting, Inc. He is recognized by the accounting profession as the leading authority on technology and firm management. Gary has been ranked by Accounting Today as one of the 100 most influential people in accounting for over ten years running. His innovative strategies chart a transformation road map that results in increased revenue, goal-oriented personnel and business growth.
|The fees for this program are non-refundable.|
Learning Objectives: Learn new management skills and improve your ability to direct the functions of planning, people and processes through Professional Facilitation, Individual Coaching, Individual Firm Projects, Networking with Peers and Bench Marking.
Program Level: Update
Instructional Method: Group Live
No prerequisite courses, advance preparation or experience is required for admittance to this conference.
Recommended CPE Credit: Up to 10 hours
For additional information regarding administrative policies such as complaint or refund, please contact Sue Thiemann at email@example.com or by phone 888-266-6375.